|Taken from http://www.churchleaders.com/files/article_images/worship_crowd_802061783.jpg|
Is this a good effort? Yes, I definitely agree!
My concern is since there are so many big Christian events that can invite our friends, are we taking the backseat not to share the gospel with our friends directly? What I seen is that many think that it is not my forte to share the gospel because;
1. I am not capable.
2. I am not so holy like my pastor or teachers.
3. I did not read the whole Bible yet.
4. I do not have an awesome story to tell how God change my lives.
What many fail to understand is that we are missionary in school or in campus or at WORK. We are the ones who will be the LINK to share the gospel with. We are the ones who will allow friends to see what Christ had done in their lives. We are the ones at the front sharing about Christ.
Matthew 28: 19-20
"Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Therefore go and make disciples of ALL NATIONS: This is a command for all who called on God the Father and God the Son and believes in the work of the Holy Spirit. Not solely a command for those who are in the work of ministry.
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: Baptizing is a public declaration of your faith to the community of believers that you believe in the God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. To baptize 'them', means that they too had received God and publicly declaring their faith.
and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you: To teach them what you have learned that your faith is firm in God.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age: and don't worry. He is with you ALWAYS, when you shared your faith to your friends through words and actions. Even if your friends are not ready to receive, continue to pray and be a friend to your friends.
The four "I AM and I did not" that I can think of, God is saying you don't need to be extravagant in sharing your lives.
1. I am not capable. (God is in a business of using willing hearts to share lives with many)
2. I am not so holy like my pastor or teachers. (God did not put that as the FIRST RULE to share His story)
3. I did not read the whole Bible yet. (Also, this is not the rule to do so, but God gave you the Bible to read to firm your faith in Him)
4. I do not have an awesome story to tell how God change my lives. (The fact you receive God and God is in your life because of what He has done is already an AWESOME story)
So, what about the mega Christian events? Mega Christian events are good to introduce Christ to your friends. The crucial work comes after. That is to share with them what is it like when God comes into your life. However, mega events only come two months once approximately. Where as to be a friend means that we can share lives together starting from now.
Start with what you already have.
means now you have friends, build deep friendships with them.
Pray for them.
One day, in hope they will come to know Christ through the work of the Holy Spirit.