Sunday, July 12, 2009

Revisiting the idea of Family

why did i even start with that? hmm..let's see..
I'm a person who can be independent and stay a very long time away from home. To the extend, last time during national service I didn't even go back when all the Chinese were given the chance to do so. I stayed in the camp for 2 and the 1/2 months before I need to go back because of the new form 6 intake. That too i argue with my parents and I told them let me finish the training before I go back there. Imagine I do not have my mobile with me( NS trainees not allowed to have their mobile with them during the weekdays), so I argue with them over the public phone. Usually we will argue on the public phone till the coins finished. I was really stubborn too. In the end my parents won the fight. I went back earlier.

I always have the desire to stay away from my family, and I always will tell God
send me far Lord
over the big blue sea
to Sabah or Sarawak or away from Malaysia

Then, God has His own plans for me. The more I prayed about going far, the nearer I am to home. 1st it was NS. I prayed about going Sabah and Sarawak and I got Kuala Kubu Bahru in Ampang Pecah which is 2 hours drive there. I was still in Selangor. Then, for uni I prayed God send me far if can. Then look where am I. Here in UKM. Haha..

As I looked back, I see how God actually have given me so many chances to learn to appreciate my loved ones, but yet I didn't learn at all. It was in January 2009 when I was going through a season in searching what is gonna happen in my future. I know God have His divine plans for me. But I want to know. Every single plans He has for me. In April, I heard Ps. Simon's preaching. He preached about building our altar in our life and also in our family's life. Then, it strucked me. HOW AM I GOING TO THAT IF RELATIONSHIP IS NOT BUILT AT ALL?? From there, I begin to realised the importance of relationship. A deeper relationship with all of them. I learned a lot from there. One of it is a two way relationship. It involves me opening up to them and being truthful to them. I realised when I have build the relationship with my family I was also closer to God.

How can you have a relationship with God but your relationship with your family is zero? that is impossible. God put each of us in a family so we are able to love one another and care for each other. Its a practice of loving someone before you go out to the world to love another person. The first love I receive was from my parents. When they decided to have a baby and named her Caroline Lee Wei Jun. That's the First love. I never understand that when i was younger. As I see a new addition to the family - my little nephew then I realised how much LOVE + efforts was put to invite this young innocent soul into this world. All was prepared and its waiting for him to enjoy. That's how our Daddy in Heaven first love us too. He had prepared it all for us to enjoy His creations.


I'm glad I learned to love my family. It has been a great journey for all of us and the best is yet to come! I will never trade Mr. and Mrs Lee. emily+paul. david+grace+Zachary(that is my little terrorist) for anything in this world! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Carol.. How are you?? It's been long time since the last time we met.. It's a good thing that you were not sent to Sabah.. Currently I'm at Labuan and everyday I got to take water from downstairs my block because there won't be any water supply until the end of September.. Hehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey..yeah so long d.. how have u been?? i'm doing great.. enjoying life to the fullest. i'm still waiting to go SABAH..waiting for the right time to go there. hehe..

    haha..take it as an exercise la.. look at the positive side.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey carol...hahaha..ur passage attracts me because it also happens to me...well I wasn't selected for ns.. but I really pray to God to send me as far as possible because I just wanna be far far away from my family because of lotsa reasons...anyway to cut short the story..here i am in ukm..hehehe... N i remember telling my pastor that I would never want ot go back home again once i step into UKM.. However as funny as it is..I really miss home once I reached home..

    yeah...how can we build relationship with God when our relationship with our family is zero... Perhaps if god really send me far far away...I wouldn't even keep in touch with my family..i don't know..hehehe..anyway everthing that happened happens for a reason..

    n so glad that I'm placed in ukm..n meet u ;)


    esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad u found ur purpose to be here. yeah definitely GOd works in different and various ways.. just continue to trust in Him yeah.. :)

    ReplyDelete