Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Psalms 23

This is one passage that has been speaking to me lately and bring another new meaning in my life.

PSALMS 23
The LORD is my Sherpherd
A Psalm of David

1 The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want 
(LORD here represent the same true GOD that we see in the early of the OT in the Bible. He is my shepherd. Shepherd is someone who watches and guides you. 'I shall not want': I have never ask God to be my guardian but He chose to)

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures
(MAKES..He chose the best for me. Green pastures: a place of comfort, a place of relaxation, a place of beauty and also a place where you learn to overcome your difficulties and troubles. Who say green pastures do not have stones or pebbles hiding in between those greenary)

3 He restores my soul. He leads me in path of righteousness for his name's sake
(He always gives new hope and joy to my soul. He never choose to forsake me when I walked the wrong path and sinned. He took the extra mile to guide me back to path that is right. Like a parent, He will always want the BEST He can give to His children. In return, we as children will bring glory to His name.)

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me
(I will not be afraid when I walked through painful and tragic moments in my life. For I know, You have lead me there and You are by my side at all times. Your presence and warmth comfort me from within)

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflow
(In ancient New Eastern culture, at a banquet it was customary to anoint a person with fragrant oil as a lotion. Hosts were also expected to protect their guests at all costs. God offers protection for us when enemies are around us ~ NIV Study Bible)

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever
(All the days of my life, be it in good or bad times His goodness and mercy shall follow me forever wherever I am. I will dwell in His house; not just a physical house but His presence for as long as I live)


I saw this picture of this soldier in Iraq who had written this passage on his helmet. Imagining his life as he goes to war, his life may be the extreme of what we go through in our normal daily life. 

We go to 'war' also as we face our everyday challenges, from studies, work, family and personal struggles. Rather than just focusing on the STRUGGLES we go through everyday lets give it GOD and let Him be the pilot of our life. We may take so much energy to steer our life to the right direction but GOD just want us to surrender and allow Him to guide us. 

The WORD of the LORD had spoken and tells us to put our life in HIS hands.

Stop being a control freak and let Him be our PILOT!

1 comment: