Monday, April 22, 2013

Narrow door


As I read Luke 13:22-30. A question that is always on in my mind, “Will everyone be saved?” “Will everyone come to know the Lord?” It amazed me that this is something that was even asked during the times of Jesus, when He was living on Earth. How similar we all are, in olden times, or in modern times.


Jesus gave the explanation based on the narrow door. He made it so clear. MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO ENTER THROUGH THE NARROW DOOR, because many WILL TRY to enter and WILL NOT be able to. He said MAKE EVERY EFFORT. Meaning the narrow door is really small. Visualization came to my mind, a man who is large and obese tries to enter a small door. He tried to squeeze, but he could not get through. What he needs to do, is to work out and loose the EXTRA weight to get through. That is EFFORT on his part, not just squeezing thru. How then does this apply to me personally? It is then about working out my faith: discovering for self what does my faith means and building a genuine intimate relationship with God (these take TIME and PERSEVERANCE). Look at the visual, a wide door can be enter easily.

There is a time frame for this, as it is said in the passage. The owner will come and CLOSE the door. Once the door is closed, no matter how much effort you put in by calling, knocking, wailing and kicking, it will not be open, because the owner of the house (who is Jesus Christ) will not recognize you at all. Then, it dawned on me, the crucial of living out and working out my faith.my faith. This whole passage refers back to the question post by the person that had asked him, “Lord, are only a few people going to be saved?”

This post as a reminder to me, that if I confess I am a believer today, I cannot just SIT BACK and RELAX. I need to go on a quest to discover God. In this limited time, let's take heart making our days count as we strive to enter the narrow door opened by Jesus Christ  In this limited time, let's take heart making our days count as we strive to enter the narrow door opened by Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment