Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Transparent

When I think of the word transparent what comes in my mind? ‘See through completely’. So, it’s like you can see beyond my flesh and bones and organs altogether. Imagine! I can see you but you can’t see me. :D That would be freaky!

Being transparent in a relationship gives us REAL fellowship with one another and also with God.

The way we relate to people, we also relate to God. First and foremost, we need to be TOTALLY TRANSPARENT before Him. He knows EVERYTHING. He knows the good and the bad experience we had. There is nothing we can hide from Him.

Let me tell you this, it is not an easy process to be transparent before God. The moment I knew that He knows it all, my mind wondered and thought whether will He ever forgive me?  Usually it’s the bad experience I would want to HIDE. But, God is a gracious God. He forgives! No matter how big and bad the sin is He still will with arms open wide receives me as His child. His amazing grace that I never once deserve He freely gives to me. This grace had given me a FRESH brand new START.

Being transparent with God will lead to being transparent with the people around us. I had enjoyed true fellowship with people around me. I thanked God for that.  

It takes so much energy to hide my real self with people. It’s tiring! Why not we convey the energy to just be truthful and transparent to people around us? It is relaxing to do so and we gain so much more from the relationship we have with people. Result we will be HAPPY PEOPLE! :D

It takes practice and courage to be transparent at first. Slowly it will be a lifestyle. Take courage my friend! Take the giant step to be transparent about your thoughts with God. (God is not scared of you being transparent and honest)

Spurgeon once defined the basis of fellowship is the willingness to know and to be known.


2 comments:

  1. Transparency is an abundant simplicity of mind, heart and soul towards God and others :) Thanks Carol Marol

    ReplyDelete