Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lonely


Have you ever feel alone walking on this road? There is no one that can understand what you are going through.

I am here to tell you, “ YOU ARE NOT ALONE, MY FRIEND." 

What you have been through, there is another person out there who had also go through the same thing as you.

Besides, there is ALWAYS someone who is just there to wait for you to talk to Him. He is God. He understands and He knows.

What can we do when we feel lonely?

Be still and know He is God.Sometimes we just need to be still. Don’t worry. Don’t over-think a situation. Just calm your heart and know He had it all in control

·         Remember you are not alone.
Matthew 28:20 Lo, I am always with you always
Deutronomy 31:8 Be strong and of good courage

The phase you are going through will not last. Be courageous my friend!

·         Give THANKS!!
2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, because we look not at the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen.

You must think I am crazy to urge you to give thanks at times of loneliness and feeling down. When we give thanks especially in moments like this, our attitude will change from negative to positive. We will start looking at this moment in a new light and with a different perspective.

God had allowed you to go through this phase in order for you to learn something out of it. Take this lesson at heart that the Lord is disciplining you as a father disciplines his son/daughter. Be thankful, my friend.

·         Refuse self-pity!
SELF-PITY: self-indulgent attitude concerning one's own difficulties.  (Dictionary.com)
The definition of the word says it all; indulging in your own difficulties. It’s not good for the soul. REFUSE IT!

·         Accept your loneliness
It’s one stage and only one STAGE! It will not last forever. It’s a journey to bring you closer to God.

·        Offer your loneliness to God. It’s a material for sacrifice. This very longing can be offered up to Him who understands PERFECTLY.

We need to ‘die’ to self in order to live. Just like a seed that falls on dark earth and dies. Out of its death comes multiplied life.

·         Do something for somebody else
Be an instrument of God’s peace, that where there is loneliness you may bring joy.

We all have choices to deal with this.
a) Rebellion: if this is the will of God for me now, He doesn’t love me.
b) Rejection: If this is what God is giving me, I won’t have any part of it.
c) Faith: God knows exactly what He’s doing.
d) Acceptance: He loves me. He plan good things for me; I’ll take it.

I had chosen choice c) and d). I pray you will do so too. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment