Monday, March 12, 2012

Into the mind of a different INDIVIDUAL

If you ever get your hands on the movie called ‘TEMPLE GRANDIN’, I encourage you to watch it!

The movie is based on the life of a young girl: Temple Grandin. She is diagnosed with autism at the age of four when her mother brought her to the doctor. The doctor even said she may never utter a word for her entire life. However, the MOTHER didn’t give up on her. Her mother taught her to read, manners, and rules and sends her to boarding school and even college. Her mother treats her like her other children. She grew up to be a young lady with a DISTINCT personality: A personality that is often not seen in our community.

It was not easy for her when she was growing up. She had been teased, disturbed and had been called names. People reject her for who she is, just because she is different. People around her laughed at her when she expressed herself.

Take a few seconds to think: Have I teased someone that is of different than the norm? I admit I did. I am such a fool to do so because I don’t take the extra steps and initiative to UNDERSTAND the other person better.

The make-up of her mind is so beautiful. She has a wonderful mind. Temple Grandin has the capacity to see things beyond for what it is. She is wonderful VISUALIZER. She sees and learns things (language, science and etc) through PICTURES!

She is a GREAT SCIENTIST. Her work is just remarkable. When I watched this movie, I am amazed at how she could create a system that benefits both the cattle and the slaughter business. She can walk through a plan in her mind examining every detail to calm the cattle.

In North America, over half the cattle are handled in humane systems she has designed.

In her words, I don’t want my thoughts to die with me. I want to have done something.

Autism there is no cure. But all they need is people to continue to cheer them on to go through the door and to take one step back to understand them for who they are.
She is different but not LESSER! –MRS. Grandin-


If ever your path crossed with this special people, remember to take one step back and understand them for who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment