Sunday, July 10, 2011

Are we listening today?


One day, I was talking to an aunty; asking how was she lately? She said well I’m fine. Day in and day out, I wake up and then eat, work a bit then sleep. Nothing great happened in my life. Then it dawn to me wow!! I wouldn’t want to live a life like that. I wouldn’t want my life to be so stagnant.
When I heard a conversation between an elderly aunty who is in her 60s with a 24 year old lady (not me :P), she was saying how the young lady has to choose a right man to tie the knot soon. Then, she will have kids, then grandsons, then the next generation. The cycle goes on. 

Then, I thought to myself, it’s that all in life to hope for? The growing up process which is in baby years, then schooling years, then varsity years, working years then marriage, then kids and before you know it, it would be your golden years. It’s that it? 

I love what my mum told me in person: as God leads, you obey (paraphrasing). A pastor also said this: Parents, the life of your children is not for you to determine but it is God who determine. God must always be the priority of their life.

So, I know a lot must ask how do we know it is Him who tell us what to do. J I am currently reading a book ‘DECISIONS, DECISIONS..’ by Lawrence and Diana Osborn. They also addressed the same question: How do we know is GOD? Well, easy. Just like how we recognize our mum and dad’s voice from afar. Without even looking at them, we know very well it is them who are calling us. This recognition had come with a lot of years of training. Thus, are we close enough with God to recognize what He is telling us? It can come from many sources. God is LIMITLESS when He speaks. He can tell us from the materials we are reading, the exposure, the people who are close to us, and most of all the BIBLE. Are we sensitive enough to listen and obey? 

With today everything around us are buzzing to keep us to our feet. There is barely enough time for us to sit and listen. God is our friend who is always willing to sit and listen. But, how many of us are HIS good friend who listen to what He has to say. Are we willing to obey to what He has told us? 

Be His friend today.  



No comments:

Post a Comment