Friday, July 22, 2011

Called and Obedience


All of us may be called but how many of us obey? The latter is the harder step.

This may also be another reason why many are not happy with what they are currently doing in life. Some may say the other person has a better life than me because he/she is living with higher expanses in a bigger house and eating nicer food. 

I say when you honor God, He will honor you. When He call you, are you going to obey? Because He will satisfy your soul and every need.

I remembered that my dad told me how he was prompted to open an aquarium shop after his pencen year. He shared that God had prompted him to do so. The journey to open the shop at the beginning was not easy. His fish died, my siblings and I were still young and he had no help from anyone. But, God was faithful. God had brought kind souls into my parents’ life to teach them how to run the business though at hard times. They learned through their mistakes and successes. It was also through this shop, my siblings and I had learned the hardships of my parents. Their hardships had provided comfort, shelter, food and love for each of us. 

The other story was about my mum. My mum has a learner heart. She is willing to learn anything that was given to her. That was her strength. So, God has used that skill of hers and taught her to give BM tuition although she is Singaporean who does not speak the language (She was learning the language at the same time), sell tupperwares, drive a car, raised three kids and many more. Her willingness to learn had allowed our faithful God to continue to entrust her with many things. 

Indeed, my parents' need had been fulfilled. God continue to shower manifold blessings onto their life. Yes, they worked hard for it. When God entrusted you with something, God also hopes that you work hard in it. One thing is that my parents’ obedience towards God’s calling truly had inspired me.  

When we are willing to be use by God, He will use us to show His love and faithfulness in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment