Friday, December 28, 2012

31st December

The year comes to an END on the 31st Dec, when the clock struck 12. By one minute passing after that, it's the entry of another year. Before I step into the new year, I want to close this year for myself. I asked myself this,

How would I want to end my year, with God or with my friends? Why?

Typical answer of a Christian would be, definitely with God. I could celebrate the new year later with my friends. Having been brought up in a Christian home, going to church on the new year eve is a norm. We have been practicing this every year, why stop now? Have we lost the sense of closing the year and starting the year with God? Just because it's a normal thing for a Christian to do, every Christian should do it. Have we forgotten the reason behind it all? 

I pondered upon the question. I questioned God. Then, I asked few of my friends the same question. One thing that stood out of their answer is 'What is NECESSARY for you?'

God is not a DICTATOR. He doesn't FORCE you to do something. For example, He had not written in His Word that every believer should go to church on new year eve. He didn't write, You, my child, MUST start the year with Me. Rather, He had given us a choice. A choice to do what we think is necessary for us. He would love it, if we would choose to be with Him on new year eve. He would love it, if you have spent the day with your loved ones. 

I remembered my last new year eve. I went to church, with a heart to end and begin my year with God. I remembered a conversation I had. This person asked, 'Eh, why are you not out celebrating the NEW YEAR with your friends?' (It sounded as if like I don't have a life and Church was my last option to go to countdown.) I smiled and said I wanted to end and begin my year with God. 

This year, again my mind was puzzled again. My options are going out with friends and going to church. I realized it was necessary for me to spent time with my friends and also to go to a service in church. Why is this necessary for me? One, I want to really spent quality time with my friends. Second, I want to end and start my year with a community of believers and my LORD. 

It's VITAL to learn the meaning of our actions. The meaning of it all gives us hope.

Now, my question to you: 
How would you WANT to spent your 31st Dec: the end and beginning?




No comments:

Post a Comment