Sunday, December 23, 2012

The greatest Gift


Christmas is a time where giving and receiving wholeheartedly. Every corner I looked, I see another person who is more willing to show love in actions. In other words, many are more willing to Love Out Loud (LOL). Yes, we who are called as followers of Christ ought to show love and good will year round. Yet, the greatest gift for Christmas is Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is not born on the 25th Dec, historically. Even in the Bible, it is not written the specific date. However, the important message is that Jesus Christ was born to Earth.

It all began with God.

It is because of Him, we have the festivity called Christmas. It is because of His love, He chose it to do it this, so that we are redeem to have a relationship with Him.

Gifts are really a special thing. I give because I love, not because I’m obliged to. Being brought up in a Christian home, I was taught that every Christmas I would need to prepare gifts for my loved ones. Never wondering or thinking the reason behind it. As the years went by, I learned that gifts are really a special thing. I was taught to express my love through giving reciprocating my Father’s love for us. Addition to that, I celebrate Christmas in remembrance of my Abba Father who chose to draw me near to Him this way, also reminded He is indeed with me!

John 1:1-5
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
This is the glory of God. He is all powerful and mighty to create this world. It is through him, ALL THINGS were created.

John 1:10-13
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to be children of God – children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
But, He chose to take the first step.  He came to the world He had created every bits of it. He was with his own people, yet they did not recognize him. He continues his journey looking out for the ones who had received him and believed him, giving them the right to be children of God.

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us: God is with us.

Because of God, I am able to be call a Child of God.
Because of God, I am able to call him Abba Father.
Because of God, I can have an intimate relationship with Him.
Because of God, I know He is with me.

This Christmas, I wish you Immanuel

No comments:

Post a Comment