Monday, January 21, 2013

Greatest Simple Truth of All.


SOVEREIGN

It is formation of two words. 'Sove' and 'Reign'. What's the meaning of both this words? 'Reign', means to be in charge, where as, 'Sove' means over all. If I were to put sovereign in simple terms, it means to be in charge over all. Therefore, when we know this simple truth, we need to realize that God who is merciful is sovereign over our life, and the universe. This is the greatest truth of who God is.



Romans 8:28
Nothing is outside His control, and He controls everything to work out ultimately for our good. 

When He say He is in control, He is. Everything, from challenging experiences to good experiences to bad experiences, He work it out for good. Even though when we are caught in difficult situation, we may not see the goodness. However, when we look back at our experiences, our hearts are filled with gratitude, because knowing well that He is God who is in charge over all.  

Psalm 139:2-4
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.

When I read this verses, I thought to myself, how amazing that God has eyes focusing on me at all times. Not just eyes, but His whole being is set on me. (the tune playing in my mind, I got my eyes set on you!). I used to think I could hide from Him, who am I kidding? I'm only in denial with myself. He got his eyes set on me! :D

1 Chronicles 29:11
Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power 
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, 
for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
Yours, O Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. 


Amazing truth! How awesome and majestic Our GOD is. EVERYTHING on EARTH and in HEAVEN is His. We are His. The creations are His. The beautiful sunset are His. The stars up above in the universe are His. The universe is His. The undiscoverable universe is also His. All in all, are His. Thus, He is to be glorify! 

How long will God reign and be the highest ruler? In Exodus 15:18 The LORD shall reign forever and ever. 

This simple truth allow us to live joyfully at all times, especially at the most trying times in our lives. Because deep down in our hearts, we know very well, He has got everything under His control. He got his eyes set on YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment