Friday, August 3, 2012

The power of 10

Ever wondered what you can do with a saved RM 10?

When I had a meal with my friends, they paid for my lunch. *Thinking to self* at the moment, I saved RM10! Then, when I entered my car, I placed the RM 10 into my coin box, thinking to self again that I'll keep it someday when I am short of money. 

On Friday, I was walking by across the carpark to go for Christian Fellowship meeting. I noticed this Malay uncle with his kid and he looked as if he was looking for something. He spotted me and approached me. He then told me that he is short of money and need to fix his punctured motorcycle tire for an amount of RM 25. He only had RM 10 with him. So, he asked me to help him.

I put my hands in my pocket and realised I took the RM 10 from the coin box in the car. Then, without hesitation I just gave him the RM 10, and told him sorry I didn't have the extra RM5 to help him out. 

After that, he said thank you and even asked his son to shake my hand. We parted ways after that. 

Then, thoughts started to flow into my mind: What if he was lying? *But, he looked quite honest when he told  me his story* I thought to myself, hey my saved RM 10 helped another person today. I should be thankful! :)

Something stayed with me from that encounter: the uncle said 'haiizzz, mau raya sudah tapi tayar motor pancit....' - It's not easy to live in today's time. 

A lot of things we owned is what we bought with MONEY. There's something that don't need money is to show kindness in our own ways. 

An act of kindness lasts longer than material objects! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment